Pueblo Del Arroyo (House by the Stream or Village by the Wash)

This Great House was three and four stories high, with approximately 284 rooms and 14 kivas.  Construction lasted until approximately 1103 making this one of the last Great Houses to be built.

The South Roads depart from Pueblo del Arroyo through South Gap, a natural geologic break between South Mesa and West Mesa.  Some sections of the South Roads have sections with four or eight parallel segments, leading to speculation that portions of these roads may have been ceremonial in nature.


 
     




Copyright 2016, Singing Rock Publishing. All rights reserved.